Kevin Owens may stick around a little while longer on the main roster after WWE Elimination Chamber.
This Sunday, Kevin Owens is set to face John Cena at WWE Elimination Chamber. This will be the NXT Champion’s first match on the main roster.
After Elimination Chamber, many assumed Owens would return to being exclusively to NXT again. However, we found out earlier that he will be at the July 6, 2015 Raw taping.
It seems that Owens will also be on the post-Elimination Chamber Raw, as he’s being advertised for it. He is also set to be on other main roster shows along with doing NXT events. Check out his main roster schedule below:
- June 1, 2015 – Monday Night Raw
- June 8, 2015 – Monday Night Raw
- June 15, 2015 – Monday Night Raw
- June 22, 2015 – Monday Night Raw
- June 29, 2015 – Monday Night Raw
- July 6, 2015 – Monday Night Raw
- July 13, 2015 – Monday Night Raw
- July 19, 2015 – WWE Battleground
- July 20, 2015 – Monday Night Raw
- July 27, 2015 – Monday Night Raw
- August 17, 2015 – Monday Night Raw
It should be noted that Owens is not set for Money in the Bank and SummerSlam but will appear at the WWE Battleground. The latter show has been WWE’s worst pay-per-view over the past few years so anything to boost it will work. We already know Brock Lesnar will be there, too.
If Owens is here to stay on the main roster, it will be interesting to see how he’s used. It could also mean this feud with John Cena lasts past Elimination Chamber. This is pending how the match finishes.
Owens will seemingly be multi-tasking on NXT and the main roster. It shows how big he’s growing and how WWE sees him as a future piece of the company.
(‘Brock Lesnar Returns!’ on page 2)